I strongly dislike when people use more than one exclamation point and write in ALL CAPS. How can anyone be that excited? Tonight, there are not enough exclamation points in existence to describe how I feel.
Today, Jennifer had surgery to put a combined occipital and supraorbital nerve stimulation implant in her head to test its effectiveness. You can read my other posts about Jen’s battle with migraines HERE. We have been praying, believing, hoping, trusting and looking forward to this day.
Would it work? 80% of the patients who undergo this test procedure report dramatic improvements in their migraines with most reporting almost total relief from their symptoms. But that leaves 20% who are left with no other option. We believed for an incredible miracle.
Jennifer has existed in a darkened bedroom for many weeks now. Any light was excruciatingly painful. Noise was painful. Her migraines have been excruciating. But God has still been at work on her behalf.
This evening she emerged from the procedure a different woman! Within 30 minutes of the surgery, she reported total elimination of the migraine in the back of her head and over 50% reduction in the front. The doctors believe she can expect the rest of the migraine to be almost totally gone by morning. They wheeled her out of recovery into a fully lit hospital without sunglasses and it didn’t hurt! She sat up in the car for the whole 30 minute ride home after surgery! Then she sat in a fully lit room to Skype with the boys and me! Check out that picture at the top of this post. Isn’t she beautiful?
I have shouted. I have cried. I have loudly thanked God for His faithfulness. I have jumped up and down. I have cried some more. I have burned up my unlimited texting plan to tell everyone I know that it worked! God has been so good to us. She will wear the test unit until some time next week. After successful completion of the test, they will schedule the final surgery for sometime early the following week.
Thank you to everyone who has already given to help us with the financial burden of this test. The test procedure and final surgical implant will cost $50,000 and Blue Cross Blue Shield has refused to cover any of the costs.
Through the generosity of our amazing family and friends, over half of the $50,000 has already been given in the last 72 hours.
If you would like to know more about how you can help, please watch the video from Pastor George Brantley over at rockwilmington.com. Thank you to everyone who is continuing to pray. The battle is not over yet. We need for this trial to totally eradicate this vicious migraine over the next few days so we can proceed to the permanent implant. Keep the prayers coming. God is up to something amazing!
All glory and honor and praise be to my God who is healing my wife! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!