Image: zirconicusso / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
The only thing sweet about the boys and I leaving tomorrow is that we will be reunited with Jennifer soon. Other than that, it’s just really, really hard. Did I mention it’s hard? It is.
Early tomorrow morning, the boys and I will board a plane headed for home without Jennifer. The process here will take longer than we originally anticipated and it is much to difficult on Jennifer for her to fly back and forth. So, she will be staying with her parents until we are finished with this process.
Here is the latest update:
- We are still in the process of getting insurance approval to undergo the test procedure. Our first attempt this week was met yesterday with a denial by Blue Cross / Blue Shield NC. Needless to say, yesterday was not a fun day. So, we are regrouping with the doctor to appeal the decision next week. Please pray for favor with BCBS. We will not stop until we get an approval.
- My father in law gave me some great advice yesterday when he said, “Don’t accept a no from someone who cannot give you a yes.” We’re gonna keep at it until we find the person that can give us that yes.
- After we receive approval, Jennifer will have a procedure where they will test the process for 3-5 days. WHEN that test is successfully completed and they are confident the permanent implant will be effective, they will reapply with BCBS for the final procedure. That process will take another 10-14 days.
- Once we receive final approval, I will return to Dallas for the final surgery and recovery. Then we will bring Jennifer home.
Please allow me a few observations:
- Our boys have been amazing. Seriously, they are having to step up in a big way. As homeschooled kids, they are having to take even more ownership of their studies. They have been helping more with cooking, cleaning and encouraging their parents. I am so proud of them.
- Our friends are amazing. Tonight, one of our amazing friends will break in to our house to clean it before we return. Jennifer’s friends and colleagues at the hospital have donated PDO’s (paid days off) to her. There are thousands of people all over the world praying for us daily. We are overwhelmed with the love and prayers we have received. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- With all of that said, this is still an incredibly difficult time for our family. It is overwhelming to think of leaving Jennifer here while she is still in so much pain. But she is in great hands with her parents, Dave and Kaye.
- Tomorrow, we will wake up, say our tearful goodbyes and trust that God is still working on her behalf.
I never cared too much for John Denver, but I find myself softly singing…
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes I’ll be on my way
Dream about the days to come
When I won’t have to leave alone
About the times, I won’t have to say
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you’ll wait for me
Hold me like you’ll never let me go
Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
Oh baby, I hate to go
“Leaving On A Jet Plane” – John Denver